Bugged by Excel?

Default selecting cell groups and locking up

Intermittent problem with Excel deciding to select a group or "array" of
cells and locking the array on the last cell in use. All program
functionality is gone and system must be re-booted to correct.
Dave Peterson

Just a wild guest...

Could it be that the mouse is sticking? Try gently banging on the mouse keys
(including the wheel mouse if you have one)--or even swapping the mouse
(temporarily???).

--

Dave Peterson
Bugged by Excel?

Thanks for the idea. Unfortunately, I am using a laptop without the mouse,
so I don't think it is a sticking issue. I had heard this was a known bug,
perhaps not true. Just wondering if anyone dealt with this and how it might
get fixed. Thanks again for the idea.

Bugged by Excel? wrote:

Intermittent problem with Excel deciding to select a group or "array" of
cells and locking the array on the last cell in use. All program
functionality is gone and system must be re-booted to correct.

--

Dave Peterson

Dave Peterson

You may want to try clicking the buttons on the touchpad(?) if you have that (or
equivalent).

But I don't have another idea.