Astrowalker

Default How do I get one cell to type the same thing as another cell?

For Eample: I want to type a name into cell B13 and I want to same thing to
automatically appear in cell E15.

Does anyone know how to do this???

I have tried E15 = B13, but that doesn't get me anywhere. all it does is put
=B13 in the E15 cell. I can't get it to disappear and put the name in there.

Henry

Astrowalker,

In cell E15 put:
=B13

Now, whatever you put in B13 will be copied to E15.

Henry

"Astrowalker" wrote in message
For Eample: I want to type a name into cell B13 and I want to same thing
automatically appear in cell E15.

Does anyone know how to do this???

I have tried E15 = B13, but that doesn't get me anywhere. all it does is
put
=B13 in the E15 cell. I can't get it to disappear and put the name in
there.

Harald Staff

Go to cell E15 and enter
=B15
into it.

HTH. Best wishes Harald

"Astrowalker" skrev i melding
For Eample: I want to type a name into cell B13 and I want to same thing

automatically appear in cell E15.

Does anyone know how to do this???

I have tried E15 = B13, but that doesn't get me anywhere. all it does is

put
=B13 in the E15 cell. I can't get it to disappear and put the name in

there.

barrfly

this might work. Press CTRL & the "~" key. It look like you are in an
edit mode that shows the formulas and not the formula results. the
CTRL ~ combo toggles this functionalitry on and off.

--
barrfly

Excel User - Energy markets
barrfly's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=4141