Kristiaaan

Default Date conversion

I have a database with date in the following format:
"200209021600" so 2 september 2002 16:00 hr

I cannot figure out how to convert this text to the actual date and time

Who can help me?

Thanks in advance

Kristiaan

KL

Hi Kristiaaan,

This formula works for me:

=--(TEXT(A1,"0000-00-00 00\:00"))

Don't forget to format the cell as date.

Regards,
KL

"Kristiaaan" wrote in message
I have a database with date in the following format:
"200209021600" so 2 september 2002 16:00 hr

I cannot figure out how to convert this text to the actual date and time

Who can help me?

Thanks in advance

Kristiaan

Mangus Pyke

On Sat, 30 Jul 2005 02:14:45 +0200, "KL" wrote:
This formula works for me:

=--(TEXT(A1,"0000-00-00 00\:00"))

Don't forget to format the cell as date.

KL- What are the two hyphens for at the beginning of this formula?

MP-
--
"Learning is a behavior that results from consequences."
B.F. Skinner

Mangus Pyke

On Sat, 30 Jul 2005 03:10:45 +0200, "KL" wrote:
They are coercing text into value as if I were using the function VALUE.

KL:

Thanks for the response.. while I don't truly understand, that gives
me a starting point. My Excel 2003 Bible and I will go spend a few
moments of quality time with the VALUE function.

Thanks much!

MP-
--
"Learning is a behavior that results from consequences."
B.F. Skinner

Kristiaaan

Hi KL,

Wow, I couldn't make that up myself. You really helped me out, thanks!
Now I can finally make a nice graph of my data... let's see what it tells
me...

Regards,

Kristiaan