Roberta

Default Legend Needs to show numbers...HELP

How can I get the values percentages to show up in the legend?

I hvae 4 sales reps and the value of theri %'s. In the legend it only shows
the 4 sales reps. Since I'm printing in black and white I want the legend to
show the sales rep name and the %'s. Is this possible?

Debra Dalgleish

If you only have four sales reps, you could remove the legend, and show
each rep's name and percentage on the chart. You could also remove the
fill colour, to make the labels easier to read.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

Martin James Thornhill

Hi - I have the same problem, except that I'm presenting in colour and have
a pie chart with more than 20 slices. Thus, having the % in the legend is a
great idea.

I can't see any automatic way of doing it.

What I will probably do is draft the chart as-is. Once the data is settled,
I will then change the data labels to include the percentage. I'll use a
helper column with a formula, =A1&" ("&text($b1/$b$1000,"0.00%")&")". Once
filled down, I'll paste-value the results over the source data labels. The
chart will collect these new data labels. All I now need to remember is to
leave the data alone!