Shari

Default how do I open a spreadsheet that has been emailed to me?

My office sent me an email with an attached microsoft spreadsheet, and I can
not figure out how to open it! Help please!
Anne Troy

Shari: If you don't have Microsoft Excel, you can get the viewer he
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=EN

*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com

"Shari" wrote in message
My office sent me an email with an attached microsoft spreadsheet, and I

can
not figure out how to open it! Help please!

Dennis

Shari,

If you have MS Excel you should be able to open the file.

That said, if you have an older version of Excel it may not open it.

I think that you may be able to obtain an Excel viewer from the Microsoft
site. Google Excel Viewer.

HTH Dennis

"Shari" wrote:

My office sent me an email with an attached microsoft spreadsheet, and I can
not figure out how to open it! Help please!

Gord Dibben

Shari

If you just want to view or print the Excel file you can

Download and install the Excel Viewer from....

http://office.microsoft.com/download.../xlviewer.aspx

Excel is not included with Windows OS.

It is part of MS Office Suite or a stand-alone application.

You don't download Excel. You purchase it or Office Suite from a retailer or
order from MS on line. They will send you a CD.

For info on ordering see this website.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/programs/default.asp to see the Office
products and how to purchase.

Note:you probably don't need XL2003 so browse to the "previous versions"
section.

Check out Ebay for a deal on Office 97 or 2000. If you go this route, make
sure there is a licence for the product.

An alternative is to download Open Office application. It can handle Excel
files.

http://www.openoffice.org

A bit of overkill because it is a very large(65mb) download.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP