Marlis

Default link address book to invoice

how do I format the control

"bigwheel" wrote:

When you format the control use something like [customer.xls]Sheet1!$A$3:$A$5
as the input range

"Marlis" wrote:

I am trying to create a drop down list that allows me to insert the name and
address of a customer. My customer list is in a seperate worksheet.

bigwheel

OK. I assumed that you were using a drop down list which you put onto a
worksheet using the Forms toolbar. Once placed on the sheet, right-click and
choose "Format Contol" on the Control tab

"Marlis" wrote:

how do I format the control

"Marlis" wrote:

I am trying to create a drop down list that allows me to insert the name and
address of a customer. My customer list is in a seperate worksheet.

Marlis

I don't want to seem like a dunce, I guess what I'm asking is someone to tell
me how to ell me the steps to be able to add a drop down list which I can
click one name, and it will insert the mailing ifo.

"bigwheel" wrote:

OK. I assumed that you were using a drop down list which you put onto a
worksheet using the Forms toolbar. Once placed on the sheet, right-click and
choose "Format Contol" on the Control tab

"Marlis" wrote:

how do I format the control

"Marlis" wrote:

I am trying to create a drop down list that allows me to insert the name and
address of a customer. My customer list is in a seperate worksheet.

bigwheel

Have a look at
http://www.exceltip.com/st/Add_Combo...Excel/300.html
which goes thru a similar thing in easy stages

"bigwheel" wrote:

OK. I assumed that you were using a drop down list which you put onto a
worksheet using the Forms toolbar. Once placed on the sheet, right-click and
choose "Format Contol" on the Control tab

"Marlis" wrote:

how do I format the control

"Marlis" wrote:

I am trying to create a drop down list that allows me to insert the name and
address of a customer. My customer list is in a seperate worksheet.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
bevwagg

"bigwheel" wrote:

OK. I assumed that you were using a drop down list which you put onto a
worksheet using the Forms toolbar. Once placed on the sheet, right-click and
choose "Format Contol" on the Control tab

"Marlis" wrote:

how do I format the control