Matt8301

Default shade alternating rows in excel

how do i shade alternating rows in excel without going through one by one?
thanks
JOn K via OfficeKB.com

Matt8301 wrote:
how do i shade alternating rows in excel without going through one by one?
thanks

Conditional Formatting will take care of this problem

1) Select your data/range of cells

2) Format Conditional Formatting

3) Condition 1 Formula Is =MOD(ROW(),2)=1, and choose you
formatting

4) Condition 2 Formula Is =MOD(ROW(),2)=0, and choose you
formatting
5) Click Ok

Paul B

Matt, use conditional formatting

Select the range you want to format. Format Conditional Formatting. In the
left dropdown, change ""Cell Value is"" to ""Formula Is"". In the formula
box type. =MOD(ROW(),2)=0 Click the ""Format..."" button. Click the
Patterns tab and pick a color.
--
Paul B
Using Excel 2002 & 2003