Fossil_Rock

Default Macro recorder

Is there a way to control the macro recorder using VBA? I'm using Excel
2003 and the recorder doesn't have a pause feature (that I'm aware of).
I would like to control the recorder i.e. pause it and insert comments
as I record.

If there are any 3rd party solutions that would accomplish this task, I
would be interested in knowing about them.

TIA,

Fossil

--
Fossil_Rock
Fossil_Rock's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=25531

David McRitchie

There is no pause feature. But if you want to stop the process
merely to make a single entry, you can use an InputBox to
obtain data through your interaction.
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/inputbox.htm

Hardly anything ever comes out ot the macro recorder as you want it
-- it is good at telling you the kind of instructions that you *might* want
to use. So if you are using the macro recorder it is imperative that
you can read and modify the output to suit your needs.
---
HTH,