Question_from_holland

Default Heelp...the "begin with" custom filter does not work

I have series of data which i want to manage. For this, i used the custom
autofilter. Everything of this filter works, except the "begin with" and "end
with" filter! I don't know why. Really, i have tried everything.... Could
anybody help me on this please!!!

JulieD

Hi

works fine for me, could you please type out a sample of your data and
explain what you have chosen in the "custom" box.

Cheers
JulieD

"Question_from_holland"
wrote in message ...
I have series of data which i want to manage. For this, i used the custom
autofilter. Everything of this filter works, except the "begin with" and
"end
with" filter! I don't know why. Really, i have tried everything.... Could
anybody help me on this please!!!

Debra Dalgleish

"Begins with" and "Ends with" work with text, but not with dates or
numbers. If that's the type of data you want to filter, you could add a
new column to your table.

For example, if numbers are in column C, create a column with the
formula: =LEFT(C2,1)
If you want to find dates with a specific month, create a column with a
formula like: =MONTH(C2)

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List