missmac981

Default How can you see the name of the person who has a shared document .

I deal with a lot of group folders and spreadsheets. If I try to open up a
spreadsheet that is already openend by someone, a pop-up tells me that
"abc123.xls is locked for editing by "xxx"." How can I get the person's name
to show up instead of it being blank?

Thank-you,
Megan
Jeff

mac981,
The name is the name the software is registered under (during
installation). if that's not provided (left blank) during the installation,
it'll show up blank.
It's not too easy to change it.. you'll have to do that thru the registry.