David

Default Formating Cells in Excel

Can I format a cell to automatically show a value in red if the value is a
negative %?
aristotle

Sure, go to Format-Cells-Number and paste this format in the custom type:
0%;[Red]-0%

"David" wrote:

Can I format a cell to automatically show a value in red if the value is a
negative %?

Christine

yes- go to Format and select Conditional Formatting. It works like a formula
box with IF (cell) is equal/greater/less than than XXXX, then (insert format
result- like Font Red)