madbloke

Default Help needed summing fractional values which have been rounded up

I have formatted the cells so they don't show decimal places, which has
the desired effect of rounding fractional numbers upwards i.e

Original Rounded
number number

9.0 9
3.0 3
3.5 4
2.5 3
1.0 1
0.5 1

The problem is when I try to get excel to sum a total for me. It seems
to still be working on the fractional values rather than the whole
numbers, so for the numbers above, it's totalling 19.5 rather than 21.
Is there any way to fix this?

--
madbloke
madbloke's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=14422