Gladys

Default Modifying UnProtected Cells

I have a user who Is using Excel XP. SHe has created a workbook with Some
Protected cells. She emails to another user who is using Excel 2000 - this
user is unable to modify any cells. The error states that the cells are all
protected.
A user that has Excel XP or 2003 is able to modify the unprotected cells.

I have installed all the updates to Office 2000 - any other suggestions?

THanks in advance!
Anne Troy

Gladys: Likely the cells aren't being protected/unprotected properly. Cells
are protected by default. Check this:

*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com

"Gladys" wrote in message
I have a user who Is using Excel XP. SHe has created a workbook with Some
Protected cells. She emails to another user who is using Excel 2000 - this
user is unable to modify any cells. The error states that the cells are

all
protected.
A user that has Excel XP or 2003 is able to modify the unprotected cells.

I have installed all the updates to Office 2000 - any other suggestions?

THanks in advance!

Debra Dalgleish

In Excel 2002 and later versions, you can apply different options when
you turn on protection. For example, you can allow users to format
cells, and use AutoFilters.

Users with these versions will be able to change the contents of
unprotected cells, and modify the formatting, etc., if allowed in the
protection settings.

Users with Excel 2000 and earlier should be able to edit the data in a
cell, but won't be able to access the other features.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

Gladys

Thanks for your responses.

The XP user was using the options - allow users to edit ranges - which of
course is not an option in 2000.

After We Protected the "old fashion" way the 2000 user was able to edit the
cells that were not protected.