Cbravo212

Default Hyperlinks in 2003 version

My workplace just upgraded to Microsoft Office 2003. Can you insert a
hyperlink to a pdf file, or does it just work for office files. I
linked to a pdf file and it opens adobe for a split second then closes.
Any ideas on what I am doing wrong?

Thanks,
Mike

--
Cbravo212
Cbravo212's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=25615

maryj

Do you have Adobe Reader 7.0? There is an issue between Excel and Adobe
Reader 7.0. Hopefully this will be resolved with the next release of Adobe
Reader. Here is the workaround: open Adobe Reader, click on the hyperlink in
Excel, then press Alt+left arrow key. That should open the PDF file.
--
maryj

"Cbravo212" wrote:

My workplace just upgraded to Microsoft Office 2003. Can you insert a
hyperlink to a pdf file, or does it just work for office files. I
linked to a pdf file and it opens adobe for a split second then closes.
Any ideas on what I am doing wrong?

Thanks,
Mike

--
Cbravo212
Cbravo212's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=25615
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=390309

Mark

I have Acrobat Reader 7.0 and had the same problem. I have successfully
fixed this by dowloading Acrobat Reader 7.0.1. You may have to go to
www.adobe.com and find downloads. (My "check for updates" selection in
Acrobat did not find these updates. There are 2 other updates beyond 7.0.1)