Bill Clark

Default Phone number formats

I just got an address list with phone numbers in different formats: (000)
000-0000 and 000-000-0000. I want to convert them all to one format. The
format cells way does not seem to work and the search in this archive hasn't
yielded any solutions. Can you take an existing list like this and convert
it to a standard format? Thanks ahead for your help.

Bill
Peo Sjoblom

It's probably text, use editreplace and replace - with nothing and then do
it again and replace the parenthises with nothing, then use the special phone
format

or just replace the right parenthesis with - and the left with nothing and
you will still have text format but it will be the same format

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

"Bill Clark" wrote:

I just got an address list with phone numbers in different formats: (000)
000-0000 and 000-000-0000. I want to convert them all to one format. The
format cells way does not seem to work and the search in this archive hasn't
yielded any solutions. Can you take an existing list like this and convert
it to a standard format? Thanks ahead for your help.

Bill

Gord Dibben

Bill

Custom Format as (000)-000-0000

Or EditReplace the ( & ) to get 000-000-0000

Your choice.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP