jh3016

Default keep value from last update and don't ask to update links

I have a spreadsheetE that refers to a spreadsheetC on my C drive.
SpreadsheetC has all of the information for all of the employees.
SpreadsheetE links to SpreadsheetC only for that employee's information.
When I email SpreadsheetE to keep the values when I email them, don't ask to
update links. One simple way would be to have the employee say NO to update
links. But in the instance that the employee has this option automatic, that
employee will get a VALUE# error because I am using functions such as
COUNTIF, etc.

Is there a way to have SpreadsheetE keep the value as I emailed it to the
employee and don't ask to update link?

Thanks in advance.
Ragdyer

You could remove all the formulas and leave just the data behind.

Select the entire sheet:
<Ctrl <A
Right click in selection and choose "Copy",
Right click again and choose "PasteSpecial",
Click on "Values", then <OK, then <Esc.

Your sheet is now devoid of all formulas, which you can now e-mail as a
plain text document.
--
HTH,

RD

"jh3016" wrote in message
I have a spreadsheetE that refers to a spreadsheetC on my C drive.
SpreadsheetC has all of the information for all of the employees.
SpreadsheetE links to SpreadsheetC only for that employee's information.
When I email SpreadsheetE to keep the values when I email them, don't ask

update links. One simple way would be to have the employee say NO to

update
links. But in the instance that the employee has this option automatic,

that
employee will get a VALUE# error because I am using functions such as
COUNTIF, etc.

Is there a way to have SpreadsheetE keep the value as I emailed it to the
employee and don't ask to update link?

Thanks in advance.

jh3016

That would be fine, however, there are 30 files with 5 tabs each.

After rethinking my question, I want to ask the employee if they want to
update the link and then I could tell the employee to respond NO. This way
it will keep the value that was last in the file.

Thanks for your response.

"jh3016" wrote in message
I have a spreadsheetE that refers to a spreadsheetC on my C drive.
SpreadsheetC has all of the information for all of the employees.
SpreadsheetE links to SpreadsheetC only for that employee's information.
When I email SpreadsheetE to keep the values when I email them, don't ask

update links. One simple way would be to have the employee say NO to

update
links. But in the instance that the employee has this option automatic,

that
employee will get a VALUE# error because I am using functions such as
COUNTIF, etc.

Is there a way to have SpreadsheetE keep the value as I emailed it to the
employee and don't ask to update link?

Thanks in advance.

Ragdyer

Thanks for your feed-back.

RD

"Ragdyer" wrote:

You could remove all the formulas and leave just the data behind.

Select the entire sheet:
<Ctrl <A
Right click in selection and choose "Copy",
Right click again and choose "PasteSpecial",
Click on "Values", then <OK, then <Esc.

Your sheet is now devoid of all formulas, which you can now e-mail as a
plain text document.
--
HTH,

RD

-
Please keep all correspondence within the NewsGroup, so all may benefit

!

-