robhargreaves

Default removing duplicates

Hi I would like to be able to limit the contents of a listbox on my form
not to show duplicates.

The only way I know how to enter the properties of the listbox is
through clicking the cell, then data then validation.

in the options I have checked list then

ignore blanks
incell drop down

are both checked

I have source down as =$A$14:$A$502

can I change the value of source to take out duplicates

Thanks

Rob

--
robhargreaves
robhargreaves's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=25519

Debra Dalgleish

You could use use an Advanced Filter, to create a unique list of values
from the items in A14:A502. Then, base the data validation list on the
unique list.

There are Advanced Filter instructions in Excel's Help, and he

http://www.contextures.com/xladvfilter01.html

robhargreaves wrote:
Hi I would like to be able to limit the contents of a listbox on my form
not to show duplicates.

The only way I know how to enter the properties of the listbox is
through clicking the cell, then data then validation.

in the options I have checked list then

ignore blanks
incell drop down

are both checked

I have source down as =$A$14:$A$502

can I change the value of source to take out duplicates

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List
http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html