Taipan

Default Tried to download SP3 no disc now Excel does not work

I tried to download Office SP3 but I do not have my Office disc with me so
could not insert when asked so the setup was cancelled. Now when I try to
open Excel it automatically goes into setup mode and asks for the disk and
hence cancels. This is the only Office program affected and of course is the
one I use most, any suggestions please.
Chip Pearson

I'm not sure if this will help, but try the following:

Go to the Windows Start menu, and choose Run.
Enter Excel.exe /regserver

This will cause Excel to start up, rewrite all its registry keys,
and then quit. Now try starting Excel normally.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"Taipan" wrote in message
I tried to download Office SP3 but I do not have my Office disc
with me so
could not insert when asked so the setup was cancelled. Now
when I try to
open Excel it automatically goes into setup mode and asks for
the disk and
hence cancels. This is the only Office program affected and of
course is the
one I use most, any suggestions please.

Earl Kiosterud

Taipan,

There are two versions of SP3, one where you need the Office CD, the other
you don't. The latter is a much larger file. You may be able to use the
latter and finish your update. Certainly try Chip's suggestion first about
resetting Excel. Failing that, if you have Windows XP, roll the system
back.
--
Earl Kiosterud
www.smokeylake.com