Technoman

Default Next Available Cell in Row

I am in need of the macro that enables a user to go to the next available
cell in a particular row. I have seen the post on this site before but
cannot find it now i need it.
Melissa

I'm not an advanced user but I use ctrl+ arrow key down to get to the last
cell in the column before a blank space. you can also use ctrl+arrow key
right for rows.

"Technoman" wrote:

I am in need of the macro that enables a user to go to the next available
cell in a particular row. I have seen the post on this site before but
cannot find it now i need it.

KL

If you need an instruction which would select the first empty cell after the
last non-empty cell in the column (e.g. column A) then you could try this:

With Worksheets("Sheet1")
.Cells(.Rows.Count, "A") _
.End(xlUp).Offset(1).Activate
End With

if you want the first empty cell in the column, no matter if between
existing data or not, then try this:

With Worksheets("Sheet1")
.Columns("A:A").Find( _
What:="", _
After:=.ActiveCell).Activate
End With

if you want the first empty cell in the column after the active cell, no
matter if between existing data or not, then try this:

With Worksheets("Sheet1")
.Columns("A:A").Find( _
What:="", _
After:=.Cells(1)).Activate
End With

Regards,
KL

"Technoman" wrote in message
I am in need of the macro that enables a user to go to the next available
cell in a particular row. I have seen the post on this site before but
cannot find it now i need it.

KL

sorry, the last two instructions should be as follows:

With Worksheets("Sheet1").Columns("A:A")
.Find( _
What:="", _
After:=.Cells(ActiveCell.Row)).Activate
End With

"Technoman" wrote in message
I am in need of the macro that enables a user to go to the next available
cell in a particular row. I have seen the post on this site before but
cannot find it now i need it.

Bob Phillips

Range("A" & Cells(Rows.Count,"A").End(xlUp).Row+1)

gives that next free cell

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Technoman" wrote in message
I am in need of the macro that enables a user to go to the next available
cell in a particular row. I have seen the post on this site before but
cannot find it now i need it.

Jim May

tks KL;
Is there still another way?
(knowing there are so many...)
just wanted to broaden my understanding.