Estrelle71

Default E2003 naming ranges correctly

Hi!

Even though I named the ranges in my excel workbook, I cannot properly
import excel contacts into Outlook. Not even when the excel data was
originally exported from Outlook! In the import dialog box, the actions to be
performed field 'doesn't show only 1 excel file to import, but al the column
headers
of the file as seperate items. I can only map custom fields per item. The
result of such import is very strange.

I found out converting the excel file first in an access db and than
importing that access file in Outlook contacts, is an easy work around. But I
get really sick of not knowing what went wrong importing the excel file. Or
didn't I correctly named the ranges in Excel? I followed up all instructions
here posted about naming ranges...

Can anyone clear up my mysterie?

Regards, Esther

Estrelle71

Question already answered by Sue in Outlook.GeneralQuestions!
Incorrect naming caused the problem.
Name range by Insert - Name - Define, iso Insert - Name - Create