tannersnonni

Default date of last attendance?

I have an attendance spreadsheet. I am not really great at excel :(!

I need to show the last date they entered attendance by posting a P for
present in the column set for the specific date.

Names of Students in Col A9:B100
Dates of Classes in Row D7 to BC7
(this is formated as a simple number so I
can count the number of total times attended - it was the only way I could
figure it out)

The student enters a "P" in the column below the date in the row with their
name. I need to know at any given time which was the last date they entered
a "P".
I have tried many ways to look this up here and can't find it. I will
appreciate any help anyone can give me. Please give complete intructions as
I don't understand code very well. I am pretty good at functions.
Thanks everyone!
maureen

Max

One try ..

With:
Dates of Classes in Row D7 to BC7

Assume col C is empty in your set-up

Put in C7 and array-enter (press CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER):

=INDEX($D$7:$BC$7,,MAX((D8:BC8="P")*(COLUMN($D$7:$ BC$7)))-3)

Copy C7 down

Col C will return the rightmost "dates" in D7 to BC7
for which a "P" was entered by the student, i.e.
" .. which was the last date they entered a "P" .. "
("last date" = rightmost)
--
Rgds
Max
"tannersnonni" wrote in message
[...]

Max

Typos, sorry:

C7 should read as C8 in these 2 lines:

Put in C7 and array-enter (press CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER):
Copy C7 down

To complete the look, put a label: "Last Present" in C1,
and format C8 down as per format for the "dates" in D7:BC7
--
Rgds
Max
GMT+8, 1° 22' N 103° 45' E
xdemechanik <atyahoo<dotcom
----

Max

.. put a label: "Last Present" in C1,

C1 should read as: C7

--
Rgds
Max
GMT+8, 1° 22' N 103° 45' E
xdemechanik <atyahoo<dotcom
----

tannersnonni

Yipee!! I got it to work! Thank you so much! It took a day or two for me
to figure out the specifics for my program but I finally got it to work.
Your recommendation worked perfectly.
Thanks.
maureen