Metalteck

Default Graphing

I have a graph that is sorted by dates, ranging from 1998-2005. I had to
modify the graph before, and delted the 1998-2000 data. Now I need to add
them, but when I do, it shows up behind the 2005 infor. Is there a way to
sort it so that it is in order?
Bill Martin -- (Remove NOSPAM from address)

Metalteck wrote:
I have a graph that is sorted by dates, ranging from 1998-2005. I had to
modify the graph before, and delted the 1998-2000 data. Now I need to add
them, but when I do, it shows up behind the 2005 infor. Is there a way to
sort it so that it is in order?

I assume that what you're saying is that you have X,Y data in two columns on a
sheet, and that you're graphing that? Just using the X data as labels rather
than as a actual values?

If so:

1) Yes, you can just highlight the X,Y data and click on Data/Sort at the top of
the window. Follow your nose through the prompts and it will sort the data for
you. Make sure you highlight both columns of data so that the particular X
values remain associated with the same Y values. If you've never done this,
then I'd first copy the data to an empty sheet as a backup in case you mess up
the process.

2) I suspect that if your data is irregularly spaced in time, then you'd be
better off using an XY scatter chart that just allows you to plot random X,Y
coordinate pairs. If it's regularly spaced (e.g. one point per year) then it
doesn't matter anyhow. You can play with both.

Good luck...

Bill