Glen

Default Cursor Location

I'm creating a questionnaire that will allow the user to input data in
selected fields. How can I make the cursor advance to the next open cell if
the user tabs or hits the enter button? Any assistance would be greatly
appreciated
bigwheel

First unlock the cells where the user will be entering their response
(FormatCellsProtectionLocked)
Then protect the sheet. When you press tab, each of the unlocked cells will
be accessed in turn. You could put an instruction to the user to that effect.

"Glen" wrote:

I'm creating a questionnaire that will allow the user to input data in
selected fields. How can I make the cursor advance to the next open cell if
the user tabs or hits the enter button? Any assistance would be greatly
appreciated

swatsp0p

While holding down the CTRL key, click on each cell (to highlight them)
that you want to allow the users to select. After you have selected
the last cell, with the CTRL key still depressed, press the '1' key
(not from the numeric keypad, but the !/1 key) to open the Format Cell
dialog box. Click on the Protection tab and uncheck the 'Locked' box
and click OK.

Now, from the main menu, click on ToolsProtectionProtect Sheet. In
the box that opens, uncheck 'Select Locked Cells' (enter a password, if
desired) and click OK.

Now, users will only be able to move between the 'unlocked' cells from
the first step.

Does this work for you?

--
swatsp0p