evander

Default Workspace

I am trying to use custom views in a workspace that all of the worksheets
have been protected, but it says that some views are not available and will
not bring any views up. I was just wondering if anyone knew how to make
these custom views usable in the protected workspace because they worked
before I protected the worksheets.

Thanks
Debra Dalgleish

If the worksheet is protected, setting such as hidden columns can't be
applied. You could use a macro to unprotect, apply the view, and reprotect.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

evander

My workspace allows me to hide columns and rows even when protected, I have
allowed for the editing of rows and columns, however I am working in a
workspace not a workbook or a single worksheet. Excel willnot let you save a
worksheet with a custom view if you are operating in a workspace, such as I
am. Excel will however let you set a list of custom views and choose an
appropiate view each time you view a worksheet as long as none of the
worksheets in that workbook inthe workspace are protected. I was wondering
if there was anyway around that. Thanks for your help.