WSoldi

Default HOW CAN I RECOVER A DELETED SPREADSHEET?

It seems my computer was compromised overnight and someone deleted a
spreadsheet from my documents. I can re-create the spreadsheet, but the time
involved would be substantial. Any help is appreciated.
Kassie

Hi

If you were a good guy, and made a backup, you have no problem.

Have you looked in your Deleted Items folder? If it is there, right click
on it and click on restore.

If neither fo the above, you have a lot of work to do!
--
ve_2nd_at. Randburg, Gauteng, South Africa

"WSoldi" wrote:

It seems my computer was compromised overnight and someone deleted a
spreadsheet from my documents. I can re-create the spreadsheet, but the time
involved would be substantial. Any help is appreciated.

Otto Moehrbach

Look in your Recycle Bin.
Look in your backups.
Or get Norton Utilities and use the Unerase feature. HTH Otto
"WSoldi" wrote in message
It seems my computer was compromised overnight and someone deleted a
spreadsheet from my documents. I can re-create the spreadsheet, but the
time
involved would be substantial. Any help is appreciated.

Gord Dibben

There are are third-party file recovery services out there which are pricey.

If you want to go that route, STOP using your computer immediately to enhance
your oppotunity of finding the file data before those clusters get overwritten

Maybe your IT dept makes a LAN wide backup each day?

See your IT person.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP