Default Email Attachments Broken Up

When I attempt to use the Send To Mail Recipient (as Attachment) function in
Excel, some spreadsheet files are sent broken up into as many as 30 separate
e-mails. Some people receive all 30 emails and Outlook Express consolidates
them into one. But, others receive 30 emails of gibberish. Why is this
happening? What can I do on my end to fix this issue?