Toddmend

Default Excel help!

What statement would I use if I want to search a exce data base and find all
rows that have "X" in one colum. I want to take those rows that contain "X"
and copy the entire row into another excel document. Any ideas?
--
Todd

Dave Peterson

I'd apply Data|Filter|Autofilter
Use a custom filter of equals X (or contains X--depending on what you meant).

And then copy those visible rows and paste to the new worksheet.

Toddmend wrote:

What statement would I use if I want to search a exce data base and find all
rows that have "X" in one colum. I want to take those rows that contain "X"
and copy the entire row into another excel document. Any ideas?
--
Todd

--

Dave Peterson
Toddmend

But I want this to be an ongoing database. I would like it to be a formula
where I can enter something inew n the main database, and then if it has "X"
in that colum, it will automatically be brought to the "X" file (which is a
seperate file)
--
Todd

Toddmend wrote:

What statement would I use if I want to search a exce data base and find all
rows that have "X" in one colum. I want to take those rows that contain "X"
and copy the entire row into another excel document. Any ideas?
--
Todd

--

Dave Peterson

Dave Peterson

Maybe a macro you can run on demand (after you've validated your input???).

I'd steal some code from Debra Dalgleish's site:

Create New Sheets from Filtered List -- uses an Advanced Filter to create
separate sheet of orders for each sales rep visible in a filtered list; macro
automates the filter. AdvFilterRepFiltered.xls 35 kb

or maybe Ron de Bruin's easyfilter.
http://www.rondebruin.nl/easyfilter.htm