-   -   Advanced filter and Criteria Range (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/36203-advanced-filter-criteria-range.html)

gearoid

Advanced filter and Criteria Range

I'm trying to get used to the advanced filter at the moment and the criteria
range in Excel .... I think I have it working as expected, but each time I
change the critera (say changing a name from "John" to "James"), the list
isnt refreshed/refiltered to show the new criteria that I entered.

I have to go through the menu "Data/Filter/AutoFilter" to refresh the list
to show whatever it is I changed in the Criteria.... is this normal
behaviour?

Duke Carey

Yes - that is how it works. You may want to experiment instead with
Autofilter. This will allow you to choose your criteria from a dropdown, and
the data refreshes immediately

"gearoid" wrote:

I'm trying to get used to the advanced filter at the moment and the criteria
range in Excel .... I think I have it working as expected, but each time I
change the critera (say changing a name from "John" to "James"), the list
isnt refreshed/refiltered to show the new criteria that I entered.

I have to go through the menu "Data/Filter/AutoFilter" to refresh the list
to show whatever it is I changed in the Criteria.... is this normal
behaviour?

gearoid

Cool, thanks!