Mike in Bangkok

Default how do i enfoce a"auto-tab or jump" to next cell

I have limited data entry in validation to one character. Now i want that the
moment the one character is entered the cusrser to jump to the next cell.
How ?
Also - how to i limit data entry to letters only ? I can see only text in
validation - but that allows numbers as well.
Jan Karel Pieterse

Hi Mike,

Also - how to i limit data entry to letters only ?

If the cell is cell A1, use this custom formula for the validation:

=MAX(1*(ISNUMBER(VALUE(MID(A1,ROW(INDIRECT("1:" & LEN(A1))),1)))))=0

Regards,

Jan Karel Pieterse
Excel MVP
http://www.jkp-ads.com

R.VENKATARAMAN

right click sheet tab and click view code
in the new window on the left side select worksheet
ignore the default code coming up
introuce this code

ActiveCell.Offset(1, 0).Select
End Sub

note <change not <selection change

now go to sheet 1(or any sheet ) and select the cell which has the
validation.
as soon as you select one of the valid list the cursor automatically will go
to next below cell

change code to suit you
hope this works for you
mine excel 2000 windows 98SE

--
remove $$$ from email addresss to send email
=======================

Mike in Bangkok <Mike in wrote in message
I have limited data entry in validation to one character. Now i want that

the
moment the one character is entered the cusrser to jump to the next cell.
How ?
Also - how to i limit data entry to letters only ? I can see only text in
validation - but that allows numbers as well.

Jan Karel Pieterse

Hi Mike,

But it does not limit the number
of charaters to one !!! :((

O yes, silly me. Like this:

If the cell is cell A1, use this custom formula for the validation:

=AND(NOT(ISNUMBER(VALUE(A1))),LEN(A1)<=1)

Regards,

Jan Karel Pieterse
Excel MVP
http://www.jkp-ads.com

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
benlee

Mike,
It sounds like you know how to limit the number of characters that can be
entered into a cell.
Could you tell me how to do that please??

Thanks