meowmeow

Default Why can't I save my excel file?

I keep trying to save my wksht to a disk for back up but I get an error
saying that I don't have access to it and to see my admin. for privliges.
This is my computer and I am the admin. How do I fix this?
Dave Peterson

First, I don't know.

But if you don't get any good replies out of this newsgroup, you may want to
visit a Windows newsgroup. Make sure you tell them what version of windows
you're using.

--

Dave Peterson
Lady Layla

meowmeow

How are you saving it? Are you trying to save it directly to a removable disk
from Excel? If so, that is not a preferred method. Save it to your HD, then
copy it from your harddrive to the disk.

Are you trying a diskette or a CD? If with a CD try copying it with a CD writing
program such as Nero if you do not have Windows XP
If you are trying to a diskette, make sure the diskette read only tab is not set

"Dave Peterson" wrote in message
: First, I don't know.
:
: meowmeow wrote:
:
: I keep trying to save my wksht to a disk for back up but I get an error
: saying that I don't have access to it and to see my admin. for privliges.
: This is my computer and I am the admin. How do I fix this?
:
: --
:
: Dave Peterson

SidBord

"meowmeow" wrote:

I keep trying to save my wksht to a disk for back up but I get an error
saying that I don't have access to it and to see my admin. for privliges.
This is my computer and I am the admin. How do I fix this?

This happens to me a lot. I'm running under Win XP Pro and using Office 11
(Excel 2003). I'm the only one using this computer (no network, no other
users, and definitely no sharing). It happens to me when I click the SAVE
button for an ordinary save to my C-disk. Then it says I can't save because
someone else has access to the workbook. Impossible! So I save it under a
different name, reboot to clear the condition, then rename the temp back to
the correct name. What a pain and a waste of time. This has been
happening to me for months now, and it seems somewhat random, i.e., it
happens to all my worksbooks and for any one workbook it happens at different
times. I sense that it may have something to do with the links I use to
other workbooks, but I have no idea why. Sure hope someone has some ideas.