Daniel Stephens

Default How do I set an auto alternating row color?

I'd like to set my excel database ROWS to alternating colors(ex. teal &
white). My database is HUGE and I can't feasibly do it manually without
taking hours and hours clicking each row and changing the color. Also another
concern is that I constantly am adding rows throughout the database. I'd like
to know if there's a way to automatically have to row colors stay alternating.

Thanks a ton!

Daniel
Bernie Deitrick

Daniel,

Select all your cell, the use Format / Conditional Formatting... Formula is... and use the formula

=MOD(ROW(),2)=0
(for the first row to not be shaded)
or
=MOD(ROW(),2)=1
(for the first row to be shaded)

and set your color as you want by clicking the Format button, and selecting your fill color on the
patterns tab. Then click OK OK and you're done.

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP