Christophe

Default Need help with a function

Hi

I'm sorry but I'm not too much familiar with Excel. I have some listing in
column A

For example

in A1 I have:
D:\blabla\folder1\file1.xxx
in A2 I have:
D:\blabla\folder2\file2.xxx
in A3 I have:
D:\blabla\folder3\file3.xxx

I want the word between the 2nd and 3rd '\' to be in color red. So in A1
folder1 should be in red, in A2 folder2 in red etc

I could do it manually but there are like 3000 lines. It would take forever.
Is this simple to achieve with a script/macro/? ? I hope someone can help me.

Thanks in advance.
Christophe
Bob Phillips

Presumably you want to pick that value out. Why not put it in an adjacent
cell. You can do that with

=MID(A1,FIND("~~",SUBSTITUTE(A1,"\","~~",2))+1,FIN D("~~",SUBSTITUTE(A1,"\","
~~",3))-FIND("~~",SUBSTITUTE(A1,"\","~~",2))-1)

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Christophe" wrote in message
Hi

I'm sorry but I'm not too much familiar with Excel. I have some listing in
column A

For example

in A1 I have:
D:\blabla\folder1\file1.xxx
in A2 I have:
D:\blabla\folder2\file2.xxx
in A3 I have:
D:\blabla\folder3\file3.xxx

I want the word between the 2nd and 3rd '\' to be in color red. So in A1
folder1 should be in red, in A2 folder2 in red etc

I could do it manually but there are like 3000 lines. It would take

forever.
Is this simple to achieve with a script/macro/? ? I hope someone can help

me.

Thanks in advance.
Christophe

I NEED HELP with the SPELLNUMBER Function vag Excel Worksheet Functions 0 June 21st 05 08:17 AM
Excel option to store trendline's coefficients in cells for use Miguel Saldana Charts and Charting in Excel 9 June 20th 05 08:45 PM
Date & Time mully New Users to Excel 4 May 23rd 05 11:56 AM
Automatically up date time in a cell Mark Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 5 May 12th 05 12:26 AM
clock Wildman Excel Worksheet Functions 2 April 26th 05 10:31 AM