englishtwit

Default Long list of words to find with Filter

Hi peeps

I have a long list...

School
College
Borough
County
City
Council
CC (County Council)
Care
Nursing
Primary
Trust
PCT (Primary Care Trust)
Hospital
Commission

etc etc of words that I want to filter on in a list... I tried
creating a macro, but it only allows two criteria...

Any ideas as to how I might do this in one operation? Also, to easily
add words to this list!

Yours hopefully

ET

--
englishtwit
englishtwit's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=5464

Debra Dalgleish

You can use an Advance Filter to extract the data. There are
instructions in Excel's Help, and he

http://www.contextures.com/xladvfilter01.html

englishtwit wrote:
I have a long list...

School
College

<snip

etc etc of words that I want to filter on in a list... I tried
creating a macro, but it only allows two criteria...

Any ideas as to how I might do this in one operation? Also, to easily
add words to this list!

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List
http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html

englishtwit

This is an excellent answer - however, the list that I have could have
the words details any where in the row.

So - column a might contain

St Jospehps Pre-school
University of St Helen
Johns Accountancy Service

The solution suggested is great, but will only work if the list you you
searching for has the 'criteria' word at the start of the row.

I have 50 words (and growing) that I need to find. The only technical
solution I can use is Excel.

Hear's hoping!

ET