Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
gwc gwc is offline

Default Paste Special Values

After I use DATA/SUBTOTALs, columns, I click the outline level 2
symbol (at the left of the spreadsheet) to see only the totals and the
grand total.

I then choose a range of cells, click "Go To Special", click "Visible
Cells Only" and click COPY.

On a different spreadsheet, when I click "PASTE SPECIAL", instead of a
box with:
All
Formulas
Values
Formats
etc.

the box lists:
Microsoft Office Excel Worksheet Object
Picture (Enhanced Metafile)
Bitmap
etc.

How do I PASTE SPECIAL VALUES?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Your target workbook and the source workbook are open in two separate
instances of the Excel Application.

Close one and open both books in the single instance.

Gorc

On Sun, 29 Jan 2012 19:36:07 -0800 (PST), gwc
wrote:

After I use DATA/SUBTOTALs, columns, I click the outline level 2
symbol (at the left of the spreadsheet) to see only the totals and the
grand total.

I then choose a range of cells, click "Go To Special", click "Visible
Cells Only" and click COPY.

On a different spreadsheet, when I click "PASTE SPECIAL", instead of a
box with:
All
Formulas
Values
Formats
etc.

the box lists:
Microsoft Office Excel Worksheet Object
Picture (Enhanced Metafile)
Bitmap
etc.

How do I PASTE SPECIAL VALUES?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
gwc gwc is offline

wrote:

After I use DATA/SUBTOTALs, columns, I click the outline level 2
symbol (at the left of the spreadsheet) to see only the totals and the
grand total.

I then choose a range of cells, click "Go To Special", click "Visible
Cells Only" and click COPY.

On a different spreadsheet, when I click "PASTE SPECIAL", instead of a
box with:
* * All
* * Formulas
* * Values
* * Formats
* * * *etc.

the box lists:
* * Microsoft Office Excel Worksheet Object
* * Picture (Enhanced Metafile)
* * Bitmap
* * * *etc.

How do I PASTE SPECIAL VALUES?- Hide quoted text -

THANK YOU!!!!!!