John P

Default Pivot Table Grand Total wrong when using Formulas

I used a Formula in a Pivot Table and the the total for the formula Column
is INCORRECT as it reflects only one portion of the formula. My formula is
an "if statement" that if one field is "0" use the other preexisting field.
Is there a way to have the total reflelct all amounts and not just the total
of certain amounts??

Debra Dalgleish

Perhaps you could add a column to the source data, and do the
calculation there. Then, add that field to the pivot table.

Or, try changing the pivot table formula so it adds the two items,
instead of using an IF formula.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

John P

The source data is updated from our accounting database and when the data
is updated all fields not coming from the database are eliminated.

It is an either or not a summation.

The main question is why would Excel allow you to create formulas, put the
correct amount in the column, but when Excel calculates the Grand Total in
the Pivot Table it calculates a WRONG Amount for the Total