Soundman

Default 2 cells 2 colors

Hi All,

Here's my glitch:

I've got 2 dropdown/combo boxes in a user form. Both offer various
color options. The 1st one colors an active cell the correct color that
is chosen. The 2nd dropdown colors the cell directly to the right or the
active cell in the same manner. My code is pretty crude & not very
efficient, but it works correctly. The problem is when color 2 is not
chosen. Currently, if a color isn't chosen, I can put an "X" in the
cell, or color it a certain color, but what I want is to color it
whatever the color of the active cell is.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

--
Soundman
Soundman's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=24428

Earl Kiosterud

Soundman,

Not sure I follow your requirements. If you just want to duplicate the
color of the active cell one cell to the right, how about:

If no color in 2nd box ' (This is psuedo-code,
' you have to make it work in your context
ActiveCell.Offset(0, 1).Font.ColorIndex = ActiveCell.Font.ColorIndex
--
Earl Kiosterud

"Soundman" wrote in
message ...

Hi All,

Here's my glitch:

I've got 2 dropdown/combo boxes in a user form. Both offer various
color options. The 1st one colors an active cell the correct color that
is chosen. The 2nd dropdown colors the cell directly to the right or the
active cell in the same manner. My code is pretty crude & not very
efficient, but it works correctly. The problem is when color 2 is not
chosen. Currently, if a color isn't chosen, I can put an "X" in the
cell, or color it a certain color, but what I want is to color it
whatever the color of the active cell is.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

--
Soundman
Soundman's Profile:
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=387999

Soundman

Thanks for the help, but that didn't work. The target cell had no color
change. It didn't pop up an error though.

--
Soundman
Soundman's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=24428
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=387999

Soundman

I re-read the code & changed Font.Color for Interior.Color & that's it!

Thank you!!!