Andy B

Default drop down list in excel

is it possible to make a drop down list box bigger?

Is it possible to make the drop down list box always start at the first
entry in the lst rather then the last one selected?

All help appreciated

Andy
Anne Troy

Andy, if you select ONLY the populated cells in your list behind your
dropdown, it will start at the top of the list. If you also select a bunch
of empty cells, it won't start at the top. Period.
*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com

"Andy B" <Andy wrote in message
is it possible to make a drop down list box bigger?

Is it possible to make the drop down list box always start at the first
entry in the lst rather then the last one selected?

All help appreciated

Andy

David

Anne Troy wrote

Andy, if you select ONLY the populated cells in your list behind your
dropdown, it will start at the top of the list.

I think I know what the OP is talking about. If I select an item from my
dropdown other than the first one from my list, the next time I invoke the
dropdown, that same one is highlighted, not the first in the list.

--
David
David

?B?QW5keSBC?= wrote

is it possible to make a drop down list box bigger?

Not without setting the Zoom higher, either manually or via macro code
invoked when that cell is selected.

Is it possible to make the drop down list box always start at the first
entry in the lst rather then the last one selected?

Not that I've found with a Data Validation dropdown, but you can make a
userform using a combo box and initialize it to select the top one every
time.

Others will have to jump in to provide actual macro code or websites that
explain in more detail. My plate is too full.

--
David
Andy B

David / Anne

Thanks fo0r the feedback - I have worked out how to have drop downs starting
at top when starting from a blank cell - first line of data block needs to be
blank.

Have not worked out how to zoom - other than my upping manula zoom which I
do not really want to do.

Combo box sounds interesting - I'll have a play.

Thanks for your help.

Andy

?B?QW5keSBC?= wrote