Griz

Default Printing all of the gridlines

How can I print a spreadsheet with the grid lines appearing where there is no
test. For instance, if there were only a few colums used, how can I print so
that the grid lines are on the rest of the page? I went into the page setup
and checked the box that says gridlines. I also went in and checked the box
that said whole workbook. Any suggestions? Thank you...
Earl Kiosterud

Griz,

I don't know of an option to print gridlines beyond the used range of a
worksheet. You could put in borders, either with the border button on the
Formatting Toolbar, or (better) with Format - Cells - Borders. Make them
light gray, and they'll look like gridlines.
--
Earl Kiosterud
www.smokeylake.com

"Griz" wrote in message
How can I print a spreadsheet with the grid lines appearing where there is
no
test. For instance, if there were only a few colums used, how can I print
so
that the grid lines are on the rest of the page? I went into the page
setup
and checked the box that says gridlines. I also went in and checked the
box
that said whole workbook. Any suggestions? Thank you...

Dave Peterson

Maybe just increase the print area (file|Print area|set print area).

But I'd cheat and just add something to a cell further down and to the right.

A space character, a single quote, but my favorite cheat is a formula:
=""

It's easier to notice in the formulabar and it reminds me why I did it.