Anthony

Default Cell formula missing

Hi,
In cell N2 I have a simple formula to count the total number of rows in a
given range that are populated, here it is

COUNTA(B8:B100)

problem is I enter the formula either directly into the cell or into the
formula bar , as soon I hit the enter key the answer is given, but the
formula disappears
any ideas
thanks

Anthony

BJ,
I have lots of cells populated with Formula but they are working fine, its
just when I place a new formula in a new cell.
.....and yes I have macros (I'm affraid I have lots !!!)
thanks

"Anthony" wrote:

Hi,
In cell N2 I have a simple formula to count the total number of rows in a
given range that are populated, here it is

COUNTA(B8:B100)

problem is I enter the formula either directly into the cell or into the
formula bar , as soon I hit the enter key the answer is given, but the
formula disappears
any ideas
thanks

bj

It sounds as though the "return" key is also functioning as the F9 key
normally does on selected items.
If your keyboard has an enter key as well as a return key, does it do the
same thing?

"Anthony" wrote:

Hi,
In cell N2 I have a simple formula to count the total number of rows in a
given range that are populated, here it is

COUNTA(B8:B100)

problem is I enter the formula either directly into the cell or into the
formula bar , as soon I hit the enter key the answer is given, but the
formula disappears
any ideas
thanks

bj

yes that is what I was asking
if you enter using the check mark next to the formula line, what happens?

I hope someone else has a solution, cause if it is not a macro or something
causing the enter key to act different, you may need to regenerate the file.