Samuel

Default All Cells in Excel are locked, what's wrong?

I have a huge problem! All the cells in Excel is locked. I cannot edit the
cells at all. And this is with fresh started sheets as well. I can't change
anything.

I could yesterday, until some point - where it just didn't work any more.
What can I do? I really need help...

Samuel

No, unfortunately. I've checked that.. As said, the cells are locked in new
Excel sheets as well, and I cannot access any of the submenu choices under
<Tools...

It seems as though the whole program has gone mad!

Check under <tools, does it say protect or unprotect sheet

Samuel

No, unfortunately. As said, I can create a totally new file and I still can't
access the sheet. Under <tools, every menu-item is greyed out. It seems as
though Excel has gone mad...

Check under <tools, does it say protect or unprotect sheet

Ron de Bruin

Hi Samuel

Try opening Excel without any Add-ins or hidden workbooks:

StartRun
"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\Excel.exe" /Safe
Or Excel.exe /Safe

Do you have the same problem then ?

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"bj" wrote:

Check under <tools, does it say protect or unprotect sheet

Samuel

Yes, unfortunately I do ;(
Ron de Bruin

Try this

Reboot first and
StartRun
Type: %temp%
OK
Clear all files in this Temp folder and also the sub folders

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"Samuel" wrote in message ...