RP1507

Default Getting A Value from a Combo Box to a Cell??

I have been working with excel and using combo boxes (the kind from the form
toolbar). The values are all stored in the combo boxes (Mostly Y for yes and
N for no). I need to find out if there is a way to get that data from the
combo boxes and into cells without the combo box around it now. I just want
to have the value in the cells. For example: Take all the combo box values
and insert them into cells in a new workseet, or an entire new workbook.

Thanks
Dave Peterson

You can right click on each dropdown and choose Format Control
then Control tab

Point to a range of two cells (A1:A2) that contain Y and N (same range for each
of those dropdowns).

But use a different linked cell for each dropdown (I used B1 for my first
dropdown)

Then use a formula in a helper cell (C1 for me):
=IF(B1="","",INDEX($A$1:$A$2,B1))

========
But even simpler would be to use Data|Validation.

Take a look at Debra Dalgleish's site:

for some nice instructions.

--

Dave Peterson