billy2willy

Default Send worksheets in workbook

I have different departments (about 18) that I report on, but have them
combined in one workbook. I would like to send them the applicable
worksheet as an attachment and just the worksheet that applies to them.
Is there some way I can load a different email address for each
worksheet, press a button and have them all sent at once, only
containing the applicable information for their department?

--
billy2willy
billy2willy's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=21648

Anne Troy

Hi, Billy. I'm sticking my 2 cents in before you make a mistake. As a VBA
Project Manager, I strongly suggest you create a "management" sheet. In
Column A, put the sheet name, and in Column B, put the email address. Then
have someone code THAT for you. By doing that, even if you create more
worksheets, you can just add them to your "email table" and have it still
work. :) Great Idea, right? Now, if I was only a programmer, I could help
you implement it.
*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com

"billy2willy"
wrote in message

I have different departments (about 18) that I report on, but have them
combined in one workbook. I would like to send them the applicable
worksheet as an attachment and just the worksheet that applies to them.
Is there some way I can load a different email address for each
worksheet, press a button and have them all sent at once, only
containing the applicable information for their department?

--
billy2willy
billy2willy's Profile:

View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=386336

Gordon

"Anne Troy" wrote in message
news:a7519$42d35393$97c5108d$8417@allthenewsgroups .com...
Hi, Billy. I'm sticking my 2 cents in before you make a mistake. As a VBA
Project Manager, I strongly suggest you create a "management" sheet. In
Column A, put the sheet name, and in Column B, put the email address. Then
have someone code THAT for you. By doing that, even if you create more
worksheets, you can just add them to your "email table" and have it still
work. :) Great Idea, right? Now, if I was only a programmer, I could help
you implement it.
*******************
~Anne Troy

As an aside, Lotus allows you to email not only a single sheet from a
workbook, but selected area of a particular sheet! Way to go MS?

Anne Troy

Sorry, Gordon. Good luck finding someone who could send all 18 using some
code in Lotus. Those coders are much fewer, far between, and more expensive!
*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com

"Gordon" wrote in message
"Anne Troy" wrote in message
news:a7519$42d35393$97c5108d$8417@allthenewsgroups .com...
Hi, Billy. I'm sticking my 2 cents in before you make a mistake. As a

VBA
Project Manager, I strongly suggest you create a "management" sheet. In
Column A, put the sheet name, and in Column B, put the email address.

Then
have someone code THAT for you. By doing that, even if you create more
worksheets, you can just add them to your "email table" and have it

still
work. :) Great Idea, right? Now, if I was only a programmer, I could

help
you implement it.
~Anne Troy

As an aside, Lotus allows you to email not only a single sheet from a
workbook, but selected area of a particular sheet! Way to go MS?

Biff

Hi!

Take a look at this:

http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm

Ron is the undisputed expert at integrating Excel and email.

Biff