postitnote100

Default Setting a default save folder for a template

I know how to set the default save folder in general.
You go to Tools Options General
and then change the default file location.

What I would like to do is set a default file location for a specific
template. For example, I would like the default file folder for almost
every file I make in Excel to be c:\MyFiles\ but whenever you begin a
new workbook from a particular template, the default file location will
be c:\SharedFiles\

Is there any way to do this?

Thanks in advance

--
postitnote100
postitnote100's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=24585

Dave Peterson

Depending on what version of excel you're using, there might be an easy
workaround.

If you're using xl2002+, then you may find it easier to just add that location
to the left hand side of the
SaveAs dialog.

Point to your folder (inside the file|SaveAs dialog), then Tools|Add to "My
Places"

Then you'll have a quick shortcut to that folder. (And you can add other
folders there, too.)

If you're using xl2k, MS has a COM addin that does the same kind of thing.

INFO: Office Developer Samples and Tools Available for Download (Q253338)

Scroll about halfway down. Might make your life a little easier.