Reference Numbers

Default How can i print a template pages with changing reference numbers?

I need to print many pages of the same thing, the only thing that needs to
change each time if a reference number. Is there any way you can do this so
that it automatically changes the number for each page without having to
print one, change the number, print again, change the number, etc etc?
Dave O

Are the reference numbers serialized, as in 2071, 2072, 2073, etc?

If they are, you might create 10 or 20 copies of the same tab within
the spreadsheet, and then set copy 2 to add 1 to copy 1's reference
number, and repeat for successive sheets.

A lot depends on the format of the reference numbers.

Dave O

There are a couple ways to do this, some more elegant than others. If
you're not handy with Excel we could do it one way, if you'd like to
learn about creating macros we could do it another way. Also, if this
is a one-time chore we'd do it one way and if it's going to be an every
day forever chore we'd do it a different way.

To get you going, let's assume the info with the starting serial number
is on a tab called PrintMe. Assume the serial number is in cell A1.

1. Right click the PrintMe tabname. In the window that appears select
the "Create A Copy" box and in the dropdown above that, select Move To
End. After a brief pause you'll see an exact copy of PrintMe in new
tab called PrintMe (2).

2. Left click on PrintMe (2) and move to cell A1. This cell still
shows the serial number from the previous tab. Start a new formula in
this cell by typing the = sign, and then click to the PrintMe tab and
click cell A1; then type +1 and press Enter. This adds 1 to the serial
number.

3. Repeat this process by following step 1 again, and move to cell A1
of each new tab created. Start the same formula, but for following
repetitions refer to the PrintMe version you created last time. For
instance: the formula in PrintMe (3) looks like this: =PrintMe (2)!A1+1

PrintMe (4) refers to PrintMe(3) and so on.

4. When you've created 10 of these (just choosing a number), if you
flip from tab to tab you should see the reference number incrementing
by 1. You can print all of these at once by clicking File Print then
selecting Entire Workbook and then OK. Or you can left click PrintMe,
press the Control button, and left click the PrintMe (10) tab. This
"groups" all the tabs. Then click File Print and select Active
Sheet(s) OK.

As I said this is not very elegant, but it will get you moving. Let me
know if you'd like to try the elegant solution, which involves VBA
coding.