Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
robin

Default excel crashing

I have windows XP and Excel 2003 with all the latest service packs. When I am
trying to save an excel file to a floppy it always lock up after 3 or 4
times. Excel will just crash and it would take a restart of the whole
computer before it will act right. I have tried other floppies, copying a
different file all together from excel, swapping drives, reinstalling the
whole office suite, reinstalling McAfee Virus Scan, etc. I did notice that it
is something with excel and the floppy drive as a whole because I could copy
all day long to the floppy random files from word, my c drive, a few files
from excel (but not consecuetive .xls files in a row), and shortcuts, etc. I
could copy .xls file to anyother drive i.e. bonzai (jump drive) that I have
just not the floppy drive.

Can you please help me to figure out why excel keeps crashing copying to a
floppy?