Samad

Default Item wise balance in Pivot Table

I want to get item wise balance in Pivot Table, I tried to enter formula in
pivot table and it works but whenever the new item inserted it does not
show,
and I have to copy formula for each item,
can anyone help me

Thanks

Samad

No, it doesn't work on Refresh bcoz i have put formula on next column to the
pivot table. i'm giving example below
I've made a list that record shares transaction on date wise basis and I've
created pivot table to check item wise balance therefor I've to create
another column for itemwise balance

item code purchase sale Balance
pif 1000 500 500 ] this balance column I
could not created
csibl 1000 0 1000 ] by pivot table & I've
to put formula
pol 1000 0 <- when the new
transaction insert I have to copy formula for each item.
I think this will help to understand the problem
Thanks

Hi,

"Samad" wrote:

I want to get item wise balance in Pivot Table, I tried to enter formula in
pivot table and it works but whenever the new item inserted it does not
show,
and I have to copy formula for each item,
can anyone help me

Thanks

Myrna Larson

If the data you are talking about is not part of the table, but just diplayed
beside it, then there's no alternative to creating the formula for additional
items. One way that may work is to write the formula as

=IF(A2="","",C2-B2)

and copy that down far enough to accommodate the expected maximum number of
rows.

On Mon, 10 Jan 2005 06:23:09 -0800, "Samad"
wrote:

No, it doesn't work on Refresh bcoz i have put formula on next column to the
pivot table. i'm giving example below
I've made a list that record shares transaction on date wise basis and I've
created pivot table to check item wise balance therefor I've to create
another column for itemwise balance

item code purchase sale Balance
pif 1000 500 500 ] this balance column I
could not created
csibl 1000 0 1000 ] by pivot table & I've
to put formula
pol 1000 0 <- when the new
transaction insert I have to copy formula for each item.
I think this will help to understand the problem
Thanks

Hi,