MrsNic

Default Excel Markbook Query

I have set up a markbook that automatically gives a student a grade by using
a lookup table for grade boundaries. We have a reward system where pupils
are given a merit for 3 'A' grades. Is it possible to get Excel to know when
this has been met and select those pupils for a mail merge. I can do this
manually but if I could automate it it would be fantastic and a great
time-saver.

Many thanks
Anne Troy

Something like this, where the student's name is in column A, their grades
in B:
=if(countif(B:B,"A")=3,"x","")

Then, when you mail merge, do a query that asks only for those with X in the
column.
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com
www.MyExpertsOnline.com