\PA via OfficeKB.com\

Default combobox and vlookups?

I am trying to add a combobox that when you select from the dropdown menu,
the columns nextdoor automatically pull up corresponding data that is related
to the selection from the dropdown list. Does this make sense? What do I do
to set this whole thing up? (I don't know code).

Thanks.

Chad

You shouldn't need code for anything you described here. Set up the combobox
with the list fill range, if any. Set the linked cell to the desired cell.
Then, use the VLOOKUP command in another cell to look for the linked cell
from the combo box to look through the list desired and return the
appropriate information.

Example:
ListFillRange is H5:H7
Values to return based upon selection are in I5:I7
LinkedCell is F5
Range G5 formula is "=VLOOKUP(F5,$H$5:$I$7,2,FALSE)"

Hope this helps!

""PA via OfficeKB.com"" wrote:

I am trying to add a combobox that when you select from the dropdown menu,
the columns nextdoor automatically pull up corresponding data that is related
to the selection from the dropdown list. Does this make sense? What do I do
to set this whole thing up? (I don't know code).

Thanks.

PA

Thanks Bob. This is exactly what I want to do (except that the second and
third items aren't dropdowns). Is there a step by step excel tutorial on this?
I've never even created combo boxes so I need something from scratch.

Thanks!

Bob Phillips

The example shows Control Toolbox dropdowns and data validation, and both
are very easy.

For Control Toolbar combos, just make sure that toolbar is visible
(ToolsCustomize) and then just drag and drop a combobox object onto the
worksheet. For DV, take a look at

HTH

Bob Phillips