rcarrollct

Default a little help with finding and associating cells

ok so here is my dilemma, I need a formula that will look at a cell
value on one work sheet, check for the same value on another work sheet
in a defined column, and insert a coresponding value from another
column...... is that even remotely possible???

any help would be greatly appreciated....

--
rcarrollct
rcarrollct's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=24931

Anne Troy

It's called VLOOKUP.
*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com
www.MyExpertsOnline.com

"rcarrollct" wrote
in message ...

ok so here is my dilemma, I need a formula that will look at a cell
value on one work sheet, check for the same value on another work sheet
in a defined column, and insert a coresponding value from another
column...... is that even remotely possible???

any help would be greatly appreciated....

--
rcarrollct
rcarrollct's Profile:

View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=384671

Dave Peterson

It sounds like =vlookup() or =index(match()) would be a good choice (depending
on how your data is laid out).

Visit Debra Dalgleish's site:
for nice instructions.