retawol

Default Change number of markers in a graph

Is it possible to control how many markers to show on a graph. For
example in a graph with 500 points, I would like only to have a marker
for every 25 points, but I still want the graph to "line thorugh" all
points. I know I can delete a marker by selecting it and press delete,
but with a lot of data point that is a lot of work....

--
retawol
retawol's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=24913

Gord Dibben

Try right-clicking on the Axis and Format AxisScale.

Set the number of points to be shown in "number of categories between tick
mark labels" or "number of categories between tick marks".

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Tue, 5 Jul 2005 07:55:29 -0500, retawol
wrote:

Is it possible to control how many markers to show on a graph. For
example in a graph with 500 points, I would like only to have a marker
for every 25 points, but I still want the graph to "line thorugh" all
points. I know I can delete a marker by selecting it and press delete,
but with a lot of data point that is a lot of work....

Jon Peltier

The Charting FAQ explains how to do this:

http://pubs.logicalexpressions.com/P...?ID=209#jon024

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

retawol wrote:

Is it possible to control how many markers to show on a graph. For
example in a graph with 500 points, I would like only to have a marker
for every 25 points, but I still want the graph to "line thorugh" all
points. I know I can delete a marker by selecting it and press delete,
but with a lot of data point that is a lot of work....

retawol

Thanks for your input, Gord.
Unfortunately it doesn't seem to have any influence on the number of
markers shown on my graph (btw. the option only appears for line style,
not for x-y style).

The work-around described by Jon obviersly works ( also thanks to you,
Jon), but I still miss an easy way to control number of markers......

For the time being I will go with Jon's idea.

=) Retawol